I have decades of health and reflective care experience with body, mind, emotion, and spiritual health.
I've also been an ordained United Methodist pastor, so I bring pastoral counseling skills and a strong caring sense.
- B.A. - Eastern Washington University, Cheney, WA - 1978
- M.Div. - St. Paul School of Theology, Kansas City, MO. United Methodist Seminary --1985
- N.D. (Naturopathic Doctorate) - Bastyr University, Kenmore, WA -- 1995
Particular Clinical Expertise:
- Gastrointestinal health & probiotics
- Thyroid & Female hormonal balance
- Prevention and natural treatment of chronic diseases
- Lifestyle and personal counseling
- Mood Disorders: ADD, ADHD, Depression, Anxiety, Panic
- Nutrition as medicine
- Applying systems theory in biological and social situations
A Wee Bit of Personal History
I've spent a good portion of my life fighting with a lousy high-sugar, high-fat diet. I've fought a sugar addiction for years. I've tried many different diets. There is incredible value in having experience + knowledge with nutrition and diets. Food can be a medicine, or it can be a poison. It's sadly true that a lot of poison has crept into the ways we eat.
I've had my own journeys through depression, anxiety, and grief. There is no shame in that. Mental and emotional issues are life experiences not a lot different from physical health issues. We have them. We work with them. Hopefully, we heal from them. IF not, we develop coping skills, and go on to accomplish great things with our life.
Paradigms and Perspectives:
- Vibrational & Energetic Medicine -- our bodies maintain their place in the world by producing a great deal of (non-chaotic) energy and finding resonance between our life within and the environment around us.
- Health is sustained in an active balancing act between physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual spheres.
- Vibrant growth happens in the present moment. Find your grounding point. Learn mindfulness. Claim the power of nature to put your life back on course to wellness.
- God provides our bodies with the internal knowledge of how to heal. Removing obstacles to health and providing life essentials allows balance to return.
- "Faith, hope, and love abide, but the greatest of these is love." -- 1 Corinthians 13:13